The Humane Education Coalition is committed to:
- Acting honestly, truthfully, and with integrity in all our actions.
- Equitable treatment and elimination of discrimination in all its forms, at all organizational levels, and throughout all programs.
- Avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Recognition of the rights of all individuals to mutual respect, dignity, and fair treatment; acceptance of others without biases based on differences of any kind.
- Being responsible, transparent, and accountable for all our decisions and their outcomes.
- Acting with compassion for and consideration of all living things in our decision-making.
- Good faith stewardship of the Coalition, and of Earth as a community and a resource.
- Minimizing our consumption of natural resources.
- Improving the accountability, transparency, ethical conduct, and effectiveness of the field of humane education.